Saturday, January 7, 2012
Souvenirs from Orvieto, Italy
Whenever I go to Orvieto in Umbria, Italy, I always bring back lots of souvenirs. Souvenirs you say? Yes! Because they don't have to be corny, oldfashioned, boring or ugly...!
Orvieto is known for its tasteful wines (white Orvieto Classico DOC), attractive ceramics, wooden cooking and kitchen utensils, but also for its artistic objects, which can be found in various traditional artisans' shops.
1. Typical Orvieto ceramics.
2. Gift from Menabo', a gorgeous little gift store
(in Vicolo del Popolo 12).
3. Hand decorated paper gift by Il Papiro.
4. Hand painted plate by C.S. Rocco
(in the Street of Artisans).
5. 'Nasi di Pinocchio' chocolates by Montanucci.
6. Napkins by le Chic... di Silvia
(in Via dei Magoni 6b).
7. Underwear by Intimissimi
http://www.intimissimi.com (in Corso Cavour 41).