Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

5 e Cinque, Florence, Italy

Now here's a true gem among the zillions of tourist traps that can be found in Florence. (Don't get me wrong, I love Florence and there are many good restaurants.... but there's also some really bad stuff out there).

5 e Cinque offers organic and bio-dynamic food, in low profile surroundings. Funny enough... the place is frequented by a not so low profile clientele! While I was having lunch there, I spotted lots of local businessmen and 'ladies who lunch'. However don't expect fancy tableware... this is pure rural cuisine, served on paper plates (placed in small baskets). Not that it matters.... the food doesn't require expensive plates.









The menu of 5 e Cinque consists of homemade sandwiches, salads, soups, quiches, torte di ceci (chickpea bread) etc. It all looked and smelled so good, I could barely choose! Luckily owner Silvio helped me out. He and his wife Mariolina and waitress Meri are very kind and and manage to create a cosy atmosphere.
Stop by next time you're around!

Ristorante 5 e Cinque
Piazza della passera 1
Florence, Oltrarno area
Italy

Tel +39 055 2741583

No comments:

Post a Comment