Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2015

International Day of the Orchid



























Did you know that the first thursday in september is the International Day of the Orchid? I have to admit, I didn’t know either even though I love orchids! So when I got invited to celebrate this flower holiday, I was delighted.

The programme included a styling workshop at the Canal House boutique hotel in Amsterdam, with live music, cocktails, lovely people and of course loads of beautiful orchids. Everywhere you looked there were different varieties of this very versatile plant. Yes.... it’s a plant (with flowers).

Following the reception at Canal House, we went to Smaak Amsterdam to get our portraits sketched by Mimi Nizan. She’s an incredibly talented illustrator, who works for Vogue, Moët & Chandon and Giorgio Armani among others. I absolutely love the portrait Mimi made of me!

Then it was time to get our pictures taken at Fab by Fabienne. You could sit in front of a throne made out of orchids, which was very cool I must say. Before I got my picture taken, I got a little distracted by all the beautiful bags, shoes and accessories.... (of course!).

And last but not least, you could get your nails done at the Soap Treatment Store in the Spuistraat. The nailpolish matched the colours of the orchids. How wonderful is that? Owner Denise did my manicure and was not only very kind but also very good. I can’t stop looking at my nails!!!

The Route of the Orchid through the "Nine Streets" (Negen Straatjes) of Amsterdam was great! A fun way to discover what you can do with orchids. I got really inspired. A big thank you to all the people who made it happen, especially Hafida and Nienke!

For more information please visit the following websites:
Fab. by Fabienne http://fabbyfabienne.com
Soap Treatment Store http://www.soaptreatmentstore.com

Photos without logo (No. 1, 2, 4 , 21) courtesy of Orchids Info / Weber Shandwick.

No comments:

Post a Comment